Install Gluu Server Using Rancher Marketplace#
For this quick start we will use a single node Kubernetes install in docker with a self-signed certificate.
For a more generic setup, use Rancher UI to deploy the setup. For more options please follow this link.
If you are deploying an Ingress controller on a single node deployment, in which Ingress utilizes ports 80 and 443, then you have to adjust the host ports mapped for the rancher/rancher container. Here's an example on how to do that.
- Before initiating the setup please obtain an SSA for Flex trial, after which you are issued a JWT. You need to convert it into base64 format that you can use to install, specified by the
.global.licenseSsakey in the
values.yamlof Gluu's Chart.
- Provision a Linux 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, and 50GB SSD VM with ports
80open. Save the VM IP address. For development environments, the VM can be set up using VMWare Workstation Player or VirtualBox with Ubuntu 20.04 operating system running on a VM.
- Install Docker.
The final line of the returned text is the
docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --privileged rancher/rancher:latest
container-id, which you'll need for the next step.
- Execute the following command to get the bootstrap password for login.
docker logs <container-id> 2>&1 | grep "Bootstrap Password:"
- Head to
https://<VM-IP-ADDRESS-FROM-FIRST-STEP>and log in with the username
adminand the password from the previous step. If you are logging into Rancher for the first time, you'll need to enter just the password, and on the next step, Rancher will ask you to reset your current password.
- Next, you'll see the Rancher home page with a list of existing clusters. By default, the name of the newly created cluster would be
local. Click on the cluster name to go to the dashboard.
- From the top-left menu expand
- Search for
Gluuand begin your installation.
- During Step 1 of installation, be sure to select the
Customize Helm options before installoption.
- In Step 2, customize the settings for the Gluu installation. Specifically
Optional Servicesfrom where you can enable Gluu modules.
- In Step 3, unselect the
Waitoption and start the installation.